Friday, June 7, 2013
Cadaveric Fumes Interview
1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
We recently recorded two new songs for an upcoming split 12". We can't say much more about these tracks since at the moment nothing is actually confirmed for that release, but I guess you should soon learn more about it.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the newer material?
The two new songs are close to the ones on our demo tape, except that they focus less on the atmosphere and may sound a bit more brutal. A bassist recently joined the band, therefore the bass lines will also be more audible. Otherwise, they're still in the same vein that our previous songs : expect nothing but Death Metal.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
There is a Lovecraft influence in the lyrics. They are always a bit obscure, so the reader may use his own imagination. The lyrics are related to horror, darkness, necromancy, death and so on...
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
This name fits perfectly with what we're trying to achieve, while being obviously related to death, it's still remain vague enough so it can evoke impure thoughts to the listener.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
We have a very good memory of our first gig with Necrowretch, or more recently of the gig we made on a bigger stage while opening for Mercyless. On stage we're trying to create the darkest atmosphere possible.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
We have a show scheduled with our friends from HEXECUTOR, with ROTTEN LIVER. We're looking forward to that, we always had a great time with them. We're also going to play at Kill Town Death Fest, which is a big challenge to us. Otherwise, there are no other shows for us at the moment ; we're only expecting organisers to get in touch with us in order to make us play.
7. Recently Blood Harvest, re-issued your 2012 demo on vinyl, what are your thoughts on the final product?
Well... It isn't even out now ! So we can't comment on the final product. However Rodrigo from Blood Harvest has always been nice and professional during the process, so we're expecting it to be a great re-issue, we're looking forward to it !
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?
In France we had a lot of positive feedback, people seem really glad to have a new band in that style in our country. Abroad the reviews are not always as enthusiastic but we always had a positive feedback.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
We're writing a darkest song at the moment, we're probably heading straight into death.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Death Metal still remain our main influence, nevertheless there might be some other genres that had an impact over our music, be it Goregrind, Black Metal or some weirdest stuff from the early days of Rock music. What we're listening to currently is up to each member of the band, but perhaps we were all listening to TRIBULATION, SLAYER, NECROWRETCH and MORBID ANGEL recently.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Each one of us have different hobbies, and when we meet it's always related to music, or to getting high in various unconstructive parties. Still it can be said that we're all into movies outside of Metal.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks for your interview.