1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?I can see that the question is not up to date with current events. The band was disbanded now in September 2012.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous recordings?More solid arrangements and better effort on the vocals for sure. The album has a clean yet heavy sound which I dig.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?I guess that the entire album is a tribute to the bitter failure of the band (laughs). It's a very dark album compared to the last one indeed.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?Vilhelm (drummer) suggested a Latin dictionary due to lack of inspiration for a band name in 2006 and I found the word Plector which means "to be punished". An epic tale indeed (laughs).
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?As far as I can remember even a bad Plector show was a good show even if we fucked everything up (laughs). We were kind of casual in that way or maybe just acted like it in order to hide our flaws. We certainly had an entertainment value without any stiff moments besides maybe tuning the occupational guitar in between songs.
6. I have read that the band is splitting up, what is the reason behind it and is there going to be a final tour?So you are up to date? Forget what I said (laughs)! On a more serious note though, as a struggling underground band we have our reasons. When you have to finance everything for yourself (logistics, recordings, distribution etc.) and there's no or very little improvement in the booking department it gets harder and harder to stay motivated in the long run. Plector is just as underground as any other local band as we've done everything by ourselves through these years. Therefore our decision to quit after 6 years as a band but it's more like 4 years as the last 2 barely count besides releasing 'Punishment Day'.
About a final tour I must say hell no! We refuse to put any more of our own money into this already dead project. Make no mistake, Plector is indeed fucking dead.
7. The new album came out on Discouraged Records, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?We've known Kristoffer from the band Moloken for some time before he introduced us to his label which was a natural step for us. They have shown great faith in our music and perhaps too much to be honest. We didn't want to make a regular release with the new album at first, just releasing it on Spotify or something would be sufficient for us but they nagged us for weeks offering compromise after compromise until we gave in. The label try to make do with what they got and we do appreciate it as it's just an Indie label. If they think that this album will get a lot of attention I say let them promote it. We don't necessarily agree on that part.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your new album by fans of thrash and death metal?As of now the new album barely existed out there, some kind of delay of some sort which really pisses me of so it's hard to tell. That I can say however is that fans seem to like the preview we linked on Facebook. Naturally some fans thinks we are dicks for giving up and others are more understanding to our situation. As far as critics go with their reviewing and opinions, the album gets either great or mediocre points. However I'm kind of skeptical regarding a "massive" impact with this album. As long as the people that wants to hear our music has an easy access to it I'm satisfied.
9. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?There's no denying that we are Pantera fans and myself being the biggest nut of them all but they aren't the only inspiration. We got, Sepultura, Slayer, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Gojira, Eddie Meduza, Dr. Bombay and many more. I'm so boring when it comes to music so I'm just listening to the good old stuff and occasionally something newer.
10. Outside of music what are some of your interests?Besides wearing flannel and being retarded in general I've been making videos with Standard Film Team for almost 13 years so I recommend that people check that shit out on Youtube now when Plector being gone and all.
11. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?Support your local Wal-Mart flannel.