Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Perversity Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?

Kazatel: Well, we have released our fourth album "Ablaze" via Lavadome Productions on August 31st. Besides that, we are planning to play some gigs in Slovakia to promote it. And also we are making some interviews for zines, radios and other promotional stuff.

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?

Kazatel: Our new album was recorded in the professional studio Klakson, so the sound is very unique and of course more obscure and we are really satisfied with it.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?

Kazatel: On our demos and the first two albums the lyrics were mainly written by Jozef (guitars), they were about hatred, wars and other social issues. On our third album the lyrics were written by myself, except two of them were done by Jozef. They were about the dark corners of human mind, apocalypse and heresy. On our new album the lyrics were written by myself and they are about blasphemy, occultism and devil worship. But we dont wanna be seen as a satanic death metal band.

4. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?

Kazatel: As far as I can remember...the best shows that we played,were supports for Suffocation and Vital Remains. But every show is a good show for us. And how can I describe our stage performance? It´s very simple, come to visit a gig and you will see:)

5. Do you have an ytouring plans fo rthe new release?

Kazatel: Like I said...we are planning to play some gigs here in Slovakia. Maybe we will do some shows in the Czech Republic or Poland. Time will tell.

6. On a worldwide level how have death metal fans worldwide react to the  new album?

Kazatel: Until these days we have received many e-mails and reactions of fans are very good. Also some reviews have been made, so the worldwide response is really good.

7. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?

Kazatel: We will do what we like...pure blasphemous death metal at its best.

8. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced the sound of the new album and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Kazatel: Like a death metal band we were and are influenced or inspired by many bands. Some of them are Incantation, Suffocation, Immolation or Deicide, but we dont wanna be described as a copy of them. And what about me? Well, I don´t like gospel music and technoshit...but I can listen to everything from prog-rock till goregrind. I have many favourite styles and bands.

9. What role does Occultsim play in you rmusic and how would you describe your views on this topic?

Kazatel:Occultism is a very good theme to discuss, but we have no time to do that.But I have always been inspired by it from the very childhood.I have really been enchanted by everything that has dealt with it.I own some grimoires,books and poems in my collection.So,You can see me as a laic student and fan of it, that likes to read about it and writes lyrics for his band.

10. Outside of music what are som eof you rinterests?

Kazatel: Well,my band and whole musicianship is not my main income, it´s my hobby.I am employed as a security officer, so sometimes I have no time to rehearse.

11. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?

Kazatel: Thanks a lot for showing interest on our band and don´t forget that DEATH METAL IS ETERNAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment